Here at Brent Lodge we do everything we can to provide care to thousands of wildlife patients each year. We rely on the generosity and enthusiasm of supporters to help us protect wildlife and to secure their future.
We are so grateful to all our Supporters, donors, volunteers, and those who help by simply spreading the word and awareness. We would like your support to be a rewarding experience and hope that you know how much we value you.
Communicating with supporters via our Newsletters is absolutely vital. We love to keep our Supporters updated about Brent Lodge and wildlife news.
Urgent Notice To All Supporters!
If you are already signed up to receive our Newsletter and would like to continue to be informed about the news at Brent Lodge, then you must please let us know before 25th May 2018, otherwise we will be obligated to remove you from our database.
Please click the logo below and complete the form with your details so we may continue to send you our Newsletters.
Ahead of the new data protection laws coming into force in May 2018, we have recently made changes to the way we handle data received from our Supporters. You will find detail about these changes in the information presented below. If you require further details, then please contact us.
Our Supporter Promise
We promise to be honest and transparent about where the generous donations we receive are used.
Your personal data is safe with us
- We take our obligations very seriously and we will never sell your data to third party organisations.
- We will only contact you via methods that you have consented for us to use.
- You can contact us at any time if you wish to change the way we communicate you or if you want to opt out entirely from future communications.
- We sometimes collect data to build a donor profile and keep a record of donations, which helps to build an analysis of your support.
- There may be times where we use your information to contact you for research purposes, or to invite you to be involved in a project, so that we can improve and better meet the needs of our beneficiaries.
- From to time to time we may contact you to prompt you to update your contact details.
- Giving a donation is always your choice. We will never put any pressure on you to make a gift and we will respect your choice if you do not wish to donate.
- Where you have given your consent for us to contact you, we will use your details to provide you, via our newsletter, with our fundraising communications in connection with projects and appeals.
- We do all we can to ensure fundraisers, volunteers and third party agencies working with us comply with our fundraising regulations and our Supporter promise.
- Wherever we work with any third party agencies or volunteers, we will ensure training is provided and will monitor their work closely. We will act quickly if they do not meet the high standards we set.
How to contact us
It is always important that we keep our records up to date, so please inform us of any changes to your contact details (name, address, email address or phone number). We are more than happy to help answer any queries you may have.
If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done, please be reassured that you can contact us online or by giving our admin team a call. We will do our very best to resolve your complaint or query as quick a possible.